I can't believe that I've been in Australia 8 months and that it's almost over.
It took couple days to get over the sadness and actually accept the fact that the new season is coming. It's time to let go and move on but it doesn't mean that I have to let go of the memories. I can keep the memories and everything that I've learned but I can still move on and be excited about the next season that is coming.
DTS really changed me. Or let say - God really changed me. He is so good! I learned so much about Him, His nature, the relationship with Him and also who I am in Him. God broke my walls and showed me how He loves me. And that's enough for me. I finally learned how I don't need anything else. He is my all.
These months in Australia have been incredible. There have been ups and downs, but after all it's been an adventure that has taught me a lot. Looking back for the girl who came here in Brisbane eight months ago is different than the girl who will head back home soon.
Oh yeah.. I'm going home soon! How exciting is that! If somebody said me when I left that you will miss home I would've denied and laughed, but that's the truth. I really miss home. I miss my hometown, I miss my friends and - the most surprisingly - I miss my family. I've learned to see them differently and I've learned to appreciate them way more than I used to.
So Finland. I will see you soon!
But before that..
The outreach in Papua New Guinea was a good experience. It was one of the places that I actually felt a culture shock. It was hard at some point, but God showed His love over the nation and we were able to see how He was above every situation.
I wrote a journal of our team during the outreach and I think I will write some of the stories down here as well, so you'll get better picture what happened.
During the last weekend I had to say too many goodbyes. I hate doing that. I hate to say goodbye to people that I don't know will I see them again.. It just is not fair.
The other day I went to visit people at base and that was so weird. It still felt like home, but it was like going home after a long time and your family wasn't there. I was weird to be home but to be surrounded by people you don't know. But that's how is gonna look like on January. So better to be prepared.
Aham. I'm coming back. I'm coming back to Australia. On January. And it's crazy. If somebody had said that to me eight months ago I wouldn't believe. I wasn't planning coming back. But that's the way it is. It's gonna be a big change. Especially when my parents are planning a moving out from Rovaniemi at the same time. So basically when I come back, this is going to be my only home. And that's little bit scary. But life is sometimes, right? But God is still good and above every situation, so I really don't have to worry.
As I said, couple days after DTS I was feeling pretty sad, and I wasn't willing to move on and leave all this behind, but now I am. I'm ready for the next season. I'm excited to see what God has for me back in Finland for these couple months. And the time that I'm still gonna be here in Australia, I'm gonna enjoy my cousins pleasant company and have fun! Day by day, living in the moment.
God is good, all the time.
Good good Father
Mie en voi uskoa, että oon ollu Australiassa kaheksan kuukautta, ja että tää on melkein ohi! Pari päivää meni, että pääs yli siitä surusta, ja että pysty päästää irti ja siirtää katseen tulevaan. Ja se että päästää irti ja siirtyy eteenpäin ei tarkota kaiken unohtamista. Mie voin hyvällä mielellä muistella kaikkea mitä tapahtu ja mitä opin, mutta samaa aikaa voin keskittyä siihen mitä Jumalalla on mulle seuraavaks, ja elää täysillä tässä hetkessä.
It took couple days to get over the sadness and actually accept the fact that the new season is coming. It's time to let go and move on but it doesn't mean that I have to let go of the memories. I can keep the memories and everything that I've learned but I can still move on and be excited about the next season that is coming.
DTS really changed me. Or let say - God really changed me. He is so good! I learned so much about Him, His nature, the relationship with Him and also who I am in Him. God broke my walls and showed me how He loves me. And that's enough for me. I finally learned how I don't need anything else. He is my all.
These months in Australia have been incredible. There have been ups and downs, but after all it's been an adventure that has taught me a lot. Looking back for the girl who came here in Brisbane eight months ago is different than the girl who will head back home soon.
Oh yeah.. I'm going home soon! How exciting is that! If somebody said me when I left that you will miss home I would've denied and laughed, but that's the truth. I really miss home. I miss my hometown, I miss my friends and - the most surprisingly - I miss my family. I've learned to see them differently and I've learned to appreciate them way more than I used to.
So Finland. I will see you soon!
But before that..
The outreach in Papua New Guinea was a good experience. It was one of the places that I actually felt a culture shock. It was hard at some point, but God showed His love over the nation and we were able to see how He was above every situation.
I wrote a journal of our team during the outreach and I think I will write some of the stories down here as well, so you'll get better picture what happened.
During the last weekend I had to say too many goodbyes. I hate doing that. I hate to say goodbye to people that I don't know will I see them again.. It just is not fair.
The other day I went to visit people at base and that was so weird. It still felt like home, but it was like going home after a long time and your family wasn't there. I was weird to be home but to be surrounded by people you don't know. But that's how is gonna look like on January. So better to be prepared.
Aham. I'm coming back. I'm coming back to Australia. On January. And it's crazy. If somebody had said that to me eight months ago I wouldn't believe. I wasn't planning coming back. But that's the way it is. It's gonna be a big change. Especially when my parents are planning a moving out from Rovaniemi at the same time. So basically when I come back, this is going to be my only home. And that's little bit scary. But life is sometimes, right? But God is still good and above every situation, so I really don't have to worry.
As I said, couple days after DTS I was feeling pretty sad, and I wasn't willing to move on and leave all this behind, but now I am. I'm ready for the next season. I'm excited to see what God has for me back in Finland for these couple months. And the time that I'm still gonna be here in Australia, I'm gonna enjoy my cousins pleasant company and have fun! Day by day, living in the moment.
God is good, all the time.
Good good Father
Mie en voi uskoa, että oon ollu Australiassa kaheksan kuukautta, ja että tää on melkein ohi! Pari päivää meni, että pääs yli siitä surusta, ja että pysty päästää irti ja siirtää katseen tulevaan. Ja se että päästää irti ja siirtyy eteenpäin ei tarkota kaiken unohtamista. Mie voin hyvällä mielellä muistella kaikkea mitä tapahtu ja mitä opin, mutta samaa aikaa voin keskittyä siihen mitä Jumalalla on mulle seuraavaks, ja elää täysillä tässä hetkessä.
DTS todella muutti mut. Tai sanotaanko, että Jumala sen muutoksen sai aikaan. Isä on niin hyvä! Mie opin niin paljo lisää Hänestä, Hänen luonteesta, mun suhteesta Isään, ja myös siitä kuka mie oon Hänessä. Jumala todella murs mun muureja ja näytti mulle rakkautensa. Ja se on tarpeeks mulle. Vihdoin, liianki monien oppituntien jälkeen, opin että Isä on mulle tarpeeks. En tarvii mitään muuta. Enkä ketään muuta.
Oikeasti.. En voi sanoin kuvailla kuinka paljo oon oppinu ja käynny läpi näiden kuukausien aikana. Tietty on ollu sekä ylä- että alamäkiä, mutta loppujen lopuks tää aika on ollu todella opettavainen seikkailu. Ku katon taaksepäin ja katon siihen tyttöön, joka tänne tuli, niin muutos on tapahtunu. Tää tyttö, joka kohta suuntaa kotiin on kokenu muutoksen. Positiivisen sellasen. Voi kai sanoa, että oon kasvanu.
Jeppulis.. Mie tuun kohta kotiin! Ja mie oon ihan super-innoissaan siitä! Jos joku ois mulle kaiken alussa sanonu, että tuut ikävöimään kotia, oisin kieltäny ja vaan nauranu, mutta se on totta.. Mulla on ikävä kotiin. Mulla on ikävä Suomea, Rovaniemeä, mun ihania ystäviä - joka ikistä teistä! - ja kaikkein suurimman yllätyksen mulle itelle aiheutti se, että mulla on aidosti iso ikävä mun perhettä. Mun ihanaa rakasta veljeä ja mun huippuja vanhempia. Oon oppinu arvostamaan niitä ihan eri tavalla.
Aktio Papua Uusi-Guineassa oli hyvä kokemus. Pitkästä aikaa oikeastaan koin jopa kulttuurishokin. Se oli kaikessa erilaisuudessaan ja rankkuudessaan ja huippuudessaan opettavainen kokemus! Jumala todella näytti rakkautensa sitä kansaa kohtaan, ja me saatiin nähä kuinka Hän on jokaisessa tilanteessa mukana.
Mie kirjotin päiväkirjaa aktion aikana, ja luulen että kirjotan tänneki pätkiä siitä, niin saatte vähän paremman kuvan siitä mitä siellä tapahtu!
Viime viikonlopun aikana jouduin sanomaan aivan liian monet hyvästit.. Tai no osa niistä onneks oli vaan heippoja. Mutta en tykkää ollenkaan hyvästeistä. Inhoan sanoa heipat ihmisille, ku tiiän että osaa niistä en tuu näkemään ikuisuuksiin. Se vaan ei oo reilua.
Toissapäivänä menin käymään beissillä. Ja pakko sanoa, että se oli outoa. Tuntu edelleen ku ois menny kotiin, mutta se tuntu samalta ku ois menny kotiin, joka on täynnä muukalaisia. Ihmisiä joita en tunne. Mutta toisaalta sitä se tulee olemaan tammikuussa, joten pakko kai alkaa totuttautua ajatukseen, että mun 'perhe' ei tuu kokonaisuudessaan olemaan siellä ku tuun takas.
Jeps.. Mie oon tulossa takas. Takas Ausseihin, tammikuussa. Ja se on hullua. Jos joku ois senki mulle sanonu kaheksan kuukautta sitte, en ois uskonu. En mie suunnitellu, että tänne palaisin. Mutta niin se vaan on. Se tulee olemaan aika suuri muutos. Varsinki ku mun vanhemmat on suunnitellu muuttaa saman talven aikana pois Rollosta. Joten käytännössä, ku tuun takas, tää tulee olemaan mun ainoa koti.. Ja se on hieman pelottavaa. Mutta toisinaan elämä on, eikö vaan? Mutta Jumala on silti hyvä ja jokaisen tilanteen yläpuolella, joten oikeastaan mun ei tarvii huolehtia.
Niinku sanoin, pari päivää DTS:n loppumisen jälkeen olin aika maassa. En halunnu siirtyä eteenpäin ja jättää kaikkea tätä taakse. Mutta nyt mie oon. Oon valmis seuraavaa kautta varten! Oon innoissaan näkemään mitä Jumalalla on mulle ku palaan Suomeen. Ja se aika ku vielä oon täällä, aion nauttia täysillä ja pitää hauskaa mun ihanien huippujen serkkujen ja kamujen kanssa!
Päivä kerrallaan, eikö? Elä hetkessä!
Puss och kram! xx










Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti